It's favourite CUPCAKE time again!
Banana Caramel Cupcake Recipe.
sour cream banana cakes
90g butter, softened
110g firmly packed light brown sugar
75g self raising flour
75g plain flour
1/2 (half) teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 (half) teaspoon mixed spice
2/3 (two thirds) cup mashed overripe banana
80g sour cream
2 table spoons milk
caramel banana filling
375g canned Top 'n' Fill caramael
125ml thickened cream, whipped
2 medium banana's, sliced thinly
100g dark eating chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180deg C/ 350 deg F. Line muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Beat butter, sugar eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, banana, sour cream, and milk. Divide mixture into paper cases and smooth the surface.
3. Bake for about 20 mins Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning out, top side up onto wire rack to cool. Remove paper cases from cold cakes.
4. Fold 1 Tablespoons of caramel into the cream.
5. Cut cakes horizontally into three slices. If making smaller cakes in half is adequate. Re assemble cakes with remaining caramel and sliced banana. Top cakes with caramel flavoured cream.
6. Using a vegetable peeler, grate chocolate over cake tops.
Original Recipe from The Australian Women's Weekly 'Cool Cupcakes' Book.